Remove Your Jewelry When
- Working at home with harsh chemicals
- In a swimming pool or hot tub
- Putting on lotion, perfume, hairspray, or other beauty products
- At the gym working out
- Working in the yard
- For good practice every time you come home
Store your Jewelry properly
- Use a jewelry box, armoire, or displays.
- Keep jewelry separate to avoid scratching
- Hang chains or bag them separately with clasp just outside the bag
- Make sure they are appraised and insured. (jewelry boxes are #1 target for theft)
- Get your jewelry professionally cleaned often
- Clean Metals using a polishing cloth
- Clean Diamonds and precious gemstones with commercial jewelry cleaner
- Be careful, some gemstones and jewelry require special care
- Free jewelry cleaning and inspection available
Special Care Gemstones and Jewelry
- Emeralds - Emeralds are durable but because of natural internal characteristics it requires special care. Emeralds should not be exposed to extreme heat. Brush using cold water.
- Jade - Wipe with a damp cloth then dry thoroughly. Avoid hot water, chemicals, ultrasonic cleaners, and steamers.
- Marcasite - These stones are set with jeweler cement. Soaking and exposure to heat can loosen the stones. Wipe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Opals - Soak briefly in cold water. Dry them thoroughly. Avoid extreme heat, hot water, ultrasonic cleaners, and steamers.
- Pearls - Wipe your pearls with a damp cloth to remove perspiration, oil or any other residue. For regular cleaning, wipe with a damp cloth. Dry completely with a soft cloth. Avoid heat, hot water, steamers or ultrasonic cleaners along with cosmetics and hairsprays. Don’t soak in water.
- Costume Jewelry - Costume jewelry often uses jeweler cement. Wipe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Avoid Ultrasonic cleaners and steamers.
All Right Reserved © Kalista Jewels 2022
Developed by : Gatisofttech